Welcome to the Historical Academy! The easiest way to learn History!
Find hundreds of exciting facts from the history of the world, and explore why each event happened in the past, and how it had influenced the modern world!
|Picture of the week
||Fact of the week
||Events of the week
||Did you know that old muskets only allowed two to three shots per minute?
- 1242 – in the Battle on the Ice, raiding party of Teutonic Knights is defeated by Novgorodian Host.
- 1250 – Seventh Crusade: Ayyubids of Egypt capture King Louis IX of France in the Battle of Fariskur.
- 1559 – The Peace of Cateau-Cambrésis treaty is signed, ending the Italian Wars.
- 1865 – American Civil War: Richmond, capital of Confederate States of America, is taken by the Union army.
- 1982 – Falklands War begins: Argentina invades the Falkland Islands, thus starting the war.
Click on one of the images below to learn more about particular topic. You can also use the search.
- Early Modern Time - Western Europe
Swedish king Karl XII after the victory at Narva, 1700
Prussian triumph in the Battle of Hohenfriedeberg, 1745
- Early Modern Time - Eastern Europe
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, one of the most powerful countries in 17th century
Polish Winged Hussars in battle
- Interwar Europe
Kapp Putsch, attempt of military coup against the German government in 1920
Europe in 1923, between World Wars (link is not yet working)
Most recent articles - in progress
- World War II
WWII poster of Decima Flottiglia MAS, the best military unit of the Italian Social Republic
Maximum advance of Axis forces in World War II
Nazi Germany poster, "Worker Awakened"